Monday, April 20, 2009

My Makeup Bag - Spring 2009


Here's an update on my current makeup routine! I am still using the COACH one from January but it's more for things like bandages, mirror and lipgloss stuff for the big bag. I got a cute Roxy Train Case on sale at the local bargain shop for $20. It's like the average kid's lunch bag size that can fit a lot of stuff in it. Not that I use a lot of stuff on my face but it's perfect for stuffing brushes(I'm so bad with them), cotton pads, makeup remover and sponges in it. I wish they had the blue one though because I like that colour combo better. Oh well. There isn't much stuff different from my previous makeup bag posts because I repurchased things that I actually am quite ok with since there hasn't been much that has been quite outstanding to actually interest me in using a lot.


1) My beloved Raycious Crystal Skin Base! I still enjoy using this a lot! I like the texture of it so much that I really want to buy more back ups! Kind of expensive though because they are only available at certain online stores now that have extreme prices =(

2) SKIN79 Super BB Gold Label is the best!

3) Back to MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer. I learnt a very simple technique the other day that has a very good/natural look. To blend my concealer and BB cream together to make it the concealer not look too obvious on my face. Probably everyone has known and done that already so I guess I'm just slow. I'm a NW25 for MAC concealer.



4) The weather is getting warmer so I have chosen to get a Mineralize Powder from MAC as well to set/reduce shine on my face. I got Medium which is a complete match to my skintone. Light hand on T-zone is key because it seems to much to be put all over the face.

5) MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BLUSH FROM MAC!!!! This is MAC Blush in Prism(Matte). It was my very first colour and it is the best! It's a dirty peach that flatters as blush and contouring powder. If I could I would restock a lot of this.



6) Out with the horrible Revlon eyebrow stuff! I have changed to MAC. I got the MAC Eyebrow Crayon in Spiked. It's alright. I ought to really go back to powder. I also use BonneBell EyeStyle Clear Mascara to set it.

7) I have also gone back to my KATE gel eyeliners. I am currently using the beautiful PU-2 which is a deep plum purple. Looks great with browns/brown eyes! I also use this VOV Shining Auto Pencil(FREE FROM GMARKET!) to line the bottom/waterline to make the eyes POPPING!


8) So here are the items I have in my makeup bag right now!
Banila Co. Gossip Girl Palette. I gave into these palette things after seeing many pictures of them! I just had to have them too! So I got this one which is very familiar to another palette I have seen/and own(MAC?). I don't use the blush at all as it's too light but I love the middle brown colour. Very very nice.

9) NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha. I finally got to try one of these and wow! These are amazing smooth stuff! The colours are a bit extreme for me but this one is by far the most workable one. I like to use this sometimes as a base and apply the brown from Gossip Girl on top.

10) VOV All Night Mascara. I have yet to review this one(Where did Mascara Mondays go?!). All I can say is that this one is pretty good in waterproof and smudgeproof.


The tools used: Makeup sponge(need to be replaced), SANA eyelash curler, MAC 134, MAC 169 and MAC 214*.

As you can see, I'm really working on the neutrals for spring. I haven't been using a select major lip product because it's been a mix of lipsticks. Aren't neutrals great? What are you rocking this Spring?

*It's kind of bad but MAC 214 is an eye shadow brush but I use it to apply my KATE eyeliner. It's the nice short and stiff for the perfect line! Also great for smudging liner! I'm so bad!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Nice collection of essentials and cute makeup bag!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Hey, you are enjoying the Gossipe palette as well. I love your collection in your makeup bag