Monday, March 9, 2009

VOV All Night Eyeliner


Spring is here and summer is just around the corner! Yes! It's time to bring out the major sweat and waterproof eyeliners! This is VOV All Night Twinkling Eyeliner and my very first purchase from Gmarket*. I don't really enjoy using liquid eyeliner because it just always reminds me of those girls back in highschool with the extreme black lined panda eyes. It's like to them, the more black around the eyes, the better. So I've pretty much stayed away from the liquid ones just to opt for a more natural look. However, recently I found that I just wanted to try it for dramatic but downplayed look. That probably doesn't make sense but yeah, I just had to buy some eyeliner! The one I bought was T3 which is jet black with glitter. It's probably the best for every day since the others are gold or silver. I would probably not go for these colours but the eyeliner is specifically for clubbing/partying so I figured it would just be super waterproof.


Now my eyelining is not great but I have to say I really like the effect of the eyeliner on the lids. The glitter is there but it's not too obvious. It really reminds me of the KATE eyeliner with the glitter black version. As for sweat and waterproof, it's not really. The eyeliner sort of starts to fade if you splash some water on it. It washes easily off with some soapy water but it's incredibly smudge proof! You could rub your eyes real bad and it will not budge one bit. I guess there is no eyeliner that is actually sweat or waterproof. This one is working for me(for now) because it was fairly cheap and quite pretty.

Pros: Super smudge proof! Subtle glitter, fairly cheap, easy off.
Cons: Not sweat or water proof.

*Aside from this review, I have conclusion that Gmarket is really great! Shipping costs isn't great but all online shops are the pretty much the same. I like that Gmarket has so many pictures on the items listed so you know what you're really dealing with and everything is fairly priced. The site is also very straight-forward too! I will definitely order from Gmarket again!

4 comments:

ami said...

that looks nice :)

Anonymous said...

the packaging is pretty - to me at least, but somehow the eyeliner's brush looks like its difficult to manage (^_^;;

usually i prefer to use KATE super sharp pen liner for a natural but dramatic look. with it im able to draw a thin line and it is super easy to use and when drawn close to the lash line it gives the appearance of full eyelashes (^,^)

Reiko said...

hey do u often buy from gmarket?issit possible if u can help me get some stuffs if u do?i'll pay for all cost.let me know.thanks.
my email is pinkkaddict@gmail.com

regards,
wenxin

Kate Gene said...

I love how opaque this liner is! Your lining job is just fine, BTW. :) I really wish I had access to this brand! I wear liquid liner every day on my top and bottom lids. (I almost have a raccoon thing going on. LOL! :D)

xx,

Kate Gene
http://katiegene.blogspot.com/