Friday, March 6, 2009

Kanebo COFFRET D'OR Shine Drape Rouge


I have always been a fan of Kanebo's T'ESTIMO and was quite sad when I read it was going to be discontinued. Since then Kanebo came out with another sub-brand to take it's place called COFFRET D'OR. I haven't bought anything from this actual new brand even with all it's collections released. The reason was the products didn't look quite appealing to me. However, I finally decided to try one of their new lipsticks known as COFFRET D'OR Shine Drape Rouge. It's not exactly new but it has new colours for Spring 2009!


The lipsticks are actually divided into two different "finishes" by Glow and Color. I only got one(Glow) because I felt it would be nice and sheer. Which is pretty much the difference of the two finishes. One is more sheer while the other one is more pigmented. I suppose there is still the shine on the more pigmented one too. The actual colour I got was RD-175 which seems on the site swatch as a almost blue-toned pink but in real life it looks like a cute light cherry red with some shimmer. And as always, my bare lips to show the lipstick's power!


In all honesty, I love the colour to this lipstick! It's not really over the top and the shine is really nice. Not creamy shine but sheer lipgloss-but-lighter-than-gloss look. It is incredibly light weight and it goes on like butter on your own french toast lips. It's not pigmented like lipstick but it reminds me of a conditioning lip tint with a lip balm base. I like that the colour is suitable for almost anyone and the finish is real nice. It makes my lips all juicy looking. It's probably something I really should invest in. I'm really considering buying the other two colours in the Glow selection too! But the price tag is a bit of a drawback. Guess I'll be waiting for it to go on sale!

Pros: Nice colours, beautiful packaging, sheer and shimmery, light weight
Cons: Tad bit $$

4 comments:

✿Ji✿ said...

that´s a very pretty color!
love the glitter!^^

cand said...

luv this!

Unknown said...

that lipstick is so pretty! i want a coffret d'or lipstick so bad after seeing reviews like this and the one off of fuzkittie's site

Kate Gene said...

What a pretty color!

xx,

Kate Gene
http://katiegene.blogspot.com/