Monday, March 30, 2009

SKIN79 Gold Label Super BB Cream


I've been meaning to review SKIN79 Gold Label Super BB Cream for the longest time but I decided to try it out longer as it's a face product that does need to be slowly tested and invested in. BB creams have been and still are quite a craze out there in Asia. The sole purpose for the BB cream is to minimize the skin products on your face to be used as a moisturizer, primer, concealer and foundation. With those functions there are also whitening, wrinkle improvement and UV protecting ingredients added into it too. I finally decided to join the craze and try one out for myself!


There are so many BB creams out there but I decided on this one solely for the push-pump dispenser and the shade that it came in, didn't look too white. The cream is a very basic nude shade that is slightly thick. It's thick but not too heavy. The cream also has a slight floral scent that is quite clean. So far so good.


To show how the BB cream works, here is a before and after picture with and without the BB cream. These pictures are of my hand and they are darker than my actual skintone. However, my hand has a reddish "finish" to it just like my skin so that is pretty much what I like to try to hide(other than my dark circles) when looking for a good foundation. As you can see, the BB cream really covers up the redness on my hand but I can say that this BB cream is not full proof coverage. It's a bit on the sheer side but it's very natural and does not give the caked up look. The feel of the foundation seems heavy because of the thickness of the cream but it makes my skin feel very soft afterwards. It doesn't have the rough feel or greasy feeling that other foundations have. And the best part? My skin doesn't react! As for moisturizing, I would not recommend using this alone because it is a bit drying(my skin) and it doesn't really apply very smoothly without primer. It is also not a great concealer because it's so sheer. Overall, it's a really good cream to improve the look of your skintone in a natural way. I guess it would be super for those girls who have little to none skin problems. With that said, this one is still a keeper for me and I will repurchase because it's been perfect for a couple of months already!

Pros: Super Cheap(check ebay), sheer coverage, reduces redness, natural looking, SPF!
Cons: Not good for moisturizing, 1 tone, too sheer for concealing circles and major problems.

2 comments:

✿Ji✿ said...

The picture is quite dark, but it seems to be a nice BB cream!^^

Maryda said...

yeah, the pics are dark. Can U retake it again pls? I have no luck with BB cream due to the color. I need the one has golden yellow undertone. Most of them so beige or fair pink.