Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Laneige Moisturizing Cleansing Balm


For the longest time, my mom has urged me to try Laneige Moisturizing Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup. I finally gave in and decided to try it once after a long day out with moderately heavy makeup on. Although the title does not suggest it's for removing makeup, it's caption on the container says it's a professional makeup remover for very dry to dry skin. It is not like most makeup removers I've ever used. It's a butter oil type! The butter balm comes in a tub that has english instructions on the bottom for everyone to read. The instructions are quite simple! Take a generous amount and massage around the face for a minute and then rinse off with warm water. The massaging action actually melts the "butter" balm in the skin which slowly removes(melts) the makeup away. There is borage oil and vitamin E in it to prevent irritation and extra moisture. The texture was quite nice but it felt slightly icky because of the butter-turned-into-oil on the face. The product doesn't actually recommend the actual amount needed to be used but I have to say a little does go a very long way! After having massaged my face for a minute, the makeup has clearly disappeared and what is left is to wash the balm off. As you rinse the balm off, it kind of suds up a little leaving some white film on your face. That is probably something about it being a heavy balm, that you actually have to rinse real well for a clean face. But the hassle is no problem because my skin is left feeling very smooth and plump with moisture. I have to say this balm is pretty worth trying out because it can remove all makeup(mascara and all) without drying the face out. I'm glad I got to try this one thanks to mom!

Pros: Super moisturizing, removes all makeup(waterproof included), little goes long way
Cons: Oily feeling when massaging, must rinse real well

2 comments:

Eka said...

Can it remove Majolica Majorca mascaras or other Japanese brand mascaras? Thanks! :)

Eliza said...

Eka:
Hello again! I'm not sure about other MJ mascaras but it removed the MJ fiber one! It's great!