Friday, March 13, 2009

Etoile Tsubaki Oil Hand Cream


My hands are so dry! What's going on? It's all this drying weather and constant hand washing at work! So I decided to invest in another hand cream but this time with extra moisturizing oils to it. This is the Etoile Tsubaki Oil Hand Cream. It's not a famous brand or anything but I wanted to get something with the tsubaki/camellia oils in it. Camellia(tsubaki) is a very mosturizing oil that is used for hair in Japan traditionally but it is now used in skin care products. It is for extremely dry skin and can be used for massage oil to stretch mark healing.


The hand cream comes out in a thick paste-ish cream that smells of camellia/tsubaki which almost smells real nice like herbal flowers. It's not too overpowering but not too subtle. The cream is definitely on the thick side and absorbs fairly well. The moisture level is high intensity to me! I feel this almost heavy somewhat oily texture on my hands afterwards but after it sets in, my skin is SO SO VERY smoooth! Hopefully this one will last longer than my SKINFOOD one!

Pros: Traditional tsubaki oils, very moisturizing, smells great
Cons: Somewhat thick and greasy

3 comments:

Eka said...

The packaging looks interesting enough. I'm also on the lookout for a good hand cream but everything seems to be made for cold weather which will definitely not work for the Philippine climate. Btw, where is your Mascara Monday review? huhuhu I've been waiting for it... hehe No pressure though! If you want I can send you something local for you to review. :)

Eliza said...

Hi Eka!
Spring and summer season is nearing here as well but I highly doubt the one I'm going to go through will be as humid as the Philippines! If you find a good one, please share with me!

I've been slowly gathering some mascaras for mascara mondays but I still have to write the reviews. In the mean time, please enjoy my other ones!

Unknown said...

Stretch marks occur when the elastin and collagen binding the skin tears as a result of weight gain. Stretch marks can vary in size, shape, color and texture. stretch removing tutorial...