Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PRIVACY Liquid Rouge


PRIVACY is an unknown drugmart brand that I just happened to spot and wanted to try out. Just can't get enough of the nude stuff even though I repeatedly tell myself it doesn't work for me. I'm just crazy with the nude lip look and dark eyes. Very cliche indeed. But when you look at the picture on the packaging, the lips do look quite the stunner, eh? So sexy! The added lace motif on the tube doesn't help either! It reminds me of those thigh-high stockings sexy office ladies wear. Ha! Maybe that's what this was aimed for!



This is not nude pink! Looking closely at the tube and the swatch, it was more of a light peach with gold shimmer to it. It's alright. Kind of a downer. I expected something very bubblegum pink or somewhat milky. The picture is quite deceiving! You can see more of the peachness in the swatch picture with the gold flecks.


As you can see, it is kind of a peachy nude. It is obvious not for my skin colour. I must stop buying these colours that I like/think are pretty. I suppose it could work as a thin layer on top of another lipstick but even a thin layer by itself seems a bit too much. Something I did notice was that the gold flecks aren't really noticable once on the lips itself. It seems to cool the colour down. For the lipgloss itself, the pigment is good and the stickiness is like regular lip glosses. There is a faint smell too.

Pros: Nice tube design, Cute colour, Pigmented
Cons: Not a -real- nude pink

edit: the colour of the lipgloss is actually labeled as "CORAL PINK"

1 comment:

birkinbagbeauty said...

I love the colour...the golden shimmer gives a kind of fullness to the gloss.