Monday, July 28, 2008

Kosé Visée Metallic Gloss Rouge




There doesn't seem to be anyone talking about the recent additions to Visee Metallic Rouge or the original lipgloss itself. I didn't find it that interesting either but I managed to find myself purchasing 2 out of the 3 newest colours from the Spring 2008 line. I suppose the lipgloss isn't quite popular because it's outer appearance isn't attractive at all. The packaging and colours available are pretty plain jane with a black cap top and a shapely bottom. I'm not a huge fan of Kose Visee products because I never really gave them the time or day to try them out. That's why I find it surprising that I actually have them. The mascara I tried before was exceptional because it looked promising even though everyone knows that people who do mascara commercials are usually wearing fake lashes or they beefed it up with a graphic program. But let's now talk about the lipglosses!


I don't know why but I always have to buy a pink when it comes to a new product. Maybe for the safety or maybe because I really like pink lips. I really don't know. This is PK-858 and it's a light pearl shimmery pink. It's a very warm pink that it could be almost mistaken for a nude lip. When put on it's pretty and shimmery just like the next pink lipgloss out there. There really isn't anything special with this one because I have plenty of the same colour already. In fact it is comparable to Shiseido MM's plump glosses.


BE-354 is the ultimate nude champagne colour. It might as well be champagne with all the shimmer that could represent all the bubbly bubbles. It's pretty pigmented that it makes my lips look very fake, loaded with gloss and gross. I had to blot many times to get a more natural look but who really blots their gloss when it's just 1 coat? That's just weird and a waste of product. I suppose this colour is for those who have darker and tanned skin because the gold flecks and champagne colour would match perfectly! It really reminds of Gyaru makeup. Too bad I'm not into that kind of style or this would be perfect!

The texture of the gloss is pretty sticky and it makes me think that Visee is behind in creating an excellent formula that's lightweight. It just doesn't feel great to have such a heavy layer for Spring. But if you look on the brighter side of things, thick gloss means it will last longer. I'm really not WOW-ed at this collection of lipglosses and I really wish I hadn't put money down on it. Oh well! It's just going to end up at the back of my lip drawer.

Pros: Safe colours
Cons: Thick gloss, blah colours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"blah" colours? Excellent description! I sooooo get that!