Sunday, July 27, 2008

Anna Sui DOLLY GIRL Bonjour L'Amour Lipsticks




Anna Sui isn't from Japan but she's really popular there with her makeup collections. The packaging of the makeup is very elegant with gothic kind of look. Romantic black swirls with her signature butterflies engraved. Not only are the products are encased in cute containers but they are also of great quality! It's a luxury and every Anna Sui fan's dream to have a room filled with her style. I've had the Anna Sui DOLLY GIRL Bonjour L'Amour Lipsticks for awhile already. I haven't been catching up with the new trends from any lines these days so I'm just going to bring out good buys/finds that I love that are already in my collection. Some may be discontinued but there are places that will still offer them and what's better.. with discount! The discontinued cateogory is only for those things from way back. Anyhow, back to the Anna Sui lipstick!

I believe these were launched the same time as the DOLLY GIRL Bonjour L'Amour perfume. I adore the DOLLY GIRL series that Anna Sui has put out. The DOLLY GIRL series is somewhat like Escada's limited edition perfume (Sunset Heat, Rockin' Rio, Ibiza Hippie..etc). She puts on 1 every year I believe and I have collected until the 2nd latest (Bonjour L'Amour) as the newest one(Lil Starlet) isn't available yet. Along with the DOLLY GIRL perfumes there are nail polishes, lipsticks and special casings that are available for a short while. In Japan, these are sold quite quickly but in America, it's not quite as flying off the shelves. But that's fine with me because that means I have no need to run to the counter just to get something limited edition. I got these pretty much months after the release but at original price. These lipsticks are just as big as MAC ones and they have the signature Anna Sui rose scent to them. I was surprised they didn't smell like the DOLLY GIRL Bonjou L'Amour fragrance. The packaging doesn't have engraved swirls but it has the famous Anna Sui mannequin head dolls. Very cute and collectable! There are only 3 in this collection labeled 01, 02, 03 I never understood why she likes labeling them with numbers because I find it so hard to "know" the colour! And as always for lip reviews, here is a picture of my bare lips.


01 is in a orange packaging but what's inside is a bit different. It is a shimmery light almost-mod pink. It has some fuschia and blue tones in it. It's awfully pretty to just stare at for the colour. When on lips it goes on pretty sheer with a slight tint. It's a winner for cute lip colour and more on the safe side.


02 is also packaged in a different colour from the actual lipstick. Red shimmer lipstick in a purple case is by far the best combination of the 3. This is probably the most interesting and signature item from Anna Sui. The designer herself loves black but adores red lipstick so this one is only natural to come out. I love how sheer this lipstick is despite it's deep red. You can apply a light layer or pile it on for a dramtic look.


Last but not least, 03 is a orange shimmer. It's honestly not much different from 01 just orange. I'm not so into it but I got it for collecting purposes. I had an Anna Sui obsession before. I still have it but in small doses. Have you noticed the engraving in the lipsticks yet? That's major WOW-factor. I don't want to "erase" it so I'm keeping the usage to a minimal. I love these lipsticks a lot, not only for collecting or packaging but because of the sheerness plus it's extremely easy to glide on. However, I do find it very easy to rub off and that's not cool at all. I wish it had more stay-put power so I wouldn' t have to keep on applying it.

Pros: Colours are quite pretty, Scent, Signature Anna Sui item
Cons: Price is so-so, Easily rubs off.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They are soooooo cute!!! Thanks for this...I am off to try and find some now! hahahah

Unknown said...

I think that Anna Sui actually Manufactures her cosmetics in Japan...I think.

Eliza said...

Hello there!

Now that you mention about manufacturing. It does make sense that if Anna does it in Japan, seeing that most her customers and fan are there.

The lipsticks are very cute and very collectible! A must!

Unknown said...

ooooooh!! How am I supposed to get me one???? They dont do such things in London! Help!