Monday, May 25, 2009

Canmake Bronzer


After trying out the other Canmake Glamourize Bronzer I decided to try out the original Canmake Bronzer. Now I'm not into tanning and all that stuff but I find that bronzer helps me have a healthy glow(a change from blush) just for any day with or without makeup on. I also find that the bronze/goldish tint has a good effect in the redness on my face. It doesn't cover it up but it helps it camoflage it a bit. With that said, the bronzers that I love to use have been dirty cheek shades from MAC or their MSFs(Mineralize Skin Finishes). As my previous bronzer review, I did say I haven't seen much bronzers available in the Asian cosmetics market as everyone wants milky white skin. This one seems quite nice with a cute bronze packaging and mirror inside. The bronzer has a nice weave pattern on it which is so neat to look at!


I chose 02 Copper Bronze fearing that the 01 would be too light as my skin is not as milky fair as those girls in Japan. The pictures do not show the full colour of the actual bronzer. It looks tanned in the picture but when you look at it in person, it is of a real copper bronze that is chrome-ish. It has a nice sheen of shimmer on top of it but to my disappointment, it`s only the first layer. The first layer is nice shimmery orange and once the shimmer layer is all gone, it is a very violently dark orange copper. MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT HERE! It`s SO orange! I also hate that they have people apply this horrible colour with a sponge(included), I used my contour brush with it but even so it`s still very horrible looking. The texture is almost matte. As much as I hate the colour, I think I could use it as a contouring thing during the summer. All I have to say is that this product needs to be applyed with a very light hand or it will make you look like you have dirt on your face. As for which bronzer is better between the 2 from Canmake, I would have to say the Glamourize one is much better. Hands down better.

Pros: Nice design, mirror, good for orange malibu barbie girls, Major pigmentation
Cons: Orange, 1 layer of shimmer

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, well that's disappointing. =/ It does look so pretty at first though.

Laura L said...

>.< so disappointing!
that's why I dare not, and will not buy any tanned items or brozer because it is so unpredictable ><

Tam said...

maybe it's meant for the canguro girls XD
Bronzers are such a hit or miss, oh well :(