Monday, February 9, 2009

Mascara Monday: SANA Powerstyle Super Waterproof Long & Volume Mascara


Have you been looking for the perfect waterproof mascara with the power of big long lashes? Well, that's what SANA Powerstyle Long & Volume Mascara promises! The mascara is super waterproof that has a special formula formulated to withstand the curl, length and volume even if you were to swim, splash in water or cry. Sounds very promising?


My bare uncurled lashes. Short and sparse.


I'm very confused by this mascara. I'm still trying to figure if this mascara is a fiber one or not because I did see some fibers but maybe it was just teasing me. The mascara did build up and lengthen my lashes but it is borderline unnatural. It has that hard gritty black look so I'm not quite a fan. As for long-lasting, I took a shower to test out the mascara and also went to run some errands after, and you know what? Not a smudge! No black at the outer corner of my eye(like most mascaras do to me)! It's actually a pretty good product so I would highly recommend this if you are at wits end with finding a waterproof smudge-proof mascara! There is also "curl and seperate" version as well.

Pros: Very waterproof, smudge-proof, lengthens, has volume
Cons: 1 colour(black), slightly unnatural look, smells awful

5 comments:

Eka said...

I've been wanting to try out mascaras from Sana because I always see them in sites like Adambeauty but have always been skeptical. Thanks for a good review. Looking forward to more of your mascara reviews.

cand said...

i like fiber mascaras, but i definitely don't like the gritty look! u should try the nyx doll last (long), it's a fiber one, not gritty, and really works! at least for me^_^ it's cheap too at like 6 bucks. thx for the review!

Eliza said...

Eka: Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad that this review helped you! I was pretty skeptical too because sometimes the packaging and the name aren't really what they seem. SANA has come out with a bunch of nice products though! I love their eyelash curler!

P-ham: Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you enjoyed the review! I will look out for the nyx doll mascara! I would like to try from that brand as well.. heard it was pretty good!

Anonymous said...

hi, may i know where i can get SANA products in Singapore?
or anywhere online?

Maryda said...

U should try eyelash growth product LILASH. It workssss!!! No side effects, too. Don't bother with Revitalash, etc. Another great FDA approved is LATISSE. Even only 2 wks, you can see it already. Just a recommendation :) :) I like your blog, pretty informational. Thanks.