Saturday, February 14, 2009

KISS Dual Chocolat Eyes


This is the follow up of the Spring 2009 KISS collection and my Valentine's Day special! This is the KISS Dual Chocolat Eyes palettes. The brand only came out with two of them and they are pretty basic colours known as Bitter Chocolat and Strawberry. One side is a cream shadow and the other is a powder shadow. The application is pretty basic too so it is very easy to use! Nice, simple and nothing too complicatied for this special day!


I purchased both palettes as the colours are incredibly nice together. They are both very similar, just that the Bitter Chocolat has the warm gold pearl cream shadow while the Strawberry one has a pearl pink one. The accompanying powder shadow is the same warm chocolate brown. The shadows come in a cute case with a chocolate bar looking cover. It sort of reminds me of the Bihada Ichizoku blushes I have, in terms of size. The colours are really pretty and they look great together however the only things I have about these shadows are that there is no brush to apply the look of the model's on your own eyes. Luckly I have an old stiff brow brush for the shadow lining. Another thing is that the smudging is good but the shadows are incredibly easy to rub off! There is a bit of shimmer in the cream shadows and it just rubs off easily and same goes for the powder shadow. I'm so sad about this! Such a nice colour palette but such horrible quality! I guess the idea was worth while but not the actual collection. Hopefully your Valentine's Day will be much sweeter than these! Have a great one!

Pros: Nice colours and packaging.
Cons: Horrible staying power, no brush included.

2 comments:

Eka said...

I was considering getting these but now I know better. The picture of the model in the ads makes the palettes so tempting to buy. hehe Thanks for the great review.

Eliza said...

Eka: I know! The model looks so pretty! What a gimmick product!