Saturday, January 10, 2009

Laneige Girl Lip Coloring Lipstick


This is going to be probably one of my very first beauty product from Korea reviewed here. I don't really like to buy products from Korean lines and this is only because I have had a bad experience with it and with a famous brand too. Surprisingly the brand is the one I'm reviewing from today. It was one of the Laneige correcting bases and it made me break out. When I bought it, the whole correcting base thing was IN and it was fairly cheap at my local Sasa store in Hong Kong. Oh well, I guess that was me being very unlucky. Anyways, the Laneige Girl Lip Coloring Lipstick that I will be talking about today is also none other than a discounted item as well! I think it's the pricey and unfamiliarity of the Korean market that causes me to only buy the discounted items. Maybe that is why I suffered in my past with the base.


Prior to buying the Laneige Girl Lip Coloring Lipstick, I have never heard of the line except for the major brand Laneige which is pretty much popular for their skincare lines. I don't see much information about the actual "Girl" side of the brand but I'm just assuming it is the more youthful line that didn't do so well. They have commercials on youtube and they look really poppy kiddy type. I chose the only colour available which was 7[6057] which is pretty much a colour I would stay far far away if I had seen it in person. Upon opening it, the lipstick is a very scary blue grape magenta with slight shimmer. It scared me quite a bit. But to my surprise after swatching it on the back on my hand, it goes on real sheer with just a punch of colour.


It's really not that bad as I thought/described it. It's actually pretty wearable for a more "adventurous" day in your life. I like the texture too because it's not thick like lipstick and not too thin like a lip balm. The shimmer is also hardly there as well which makes me wonder why I was so scared in the first place. I would probably not purchase this again even with a cheaper price tag(even already more discounted) but it's nice to have. But as mentioned, it is indeed no longer being sold so this review is just for reference in case one of you girls do happen to see one and want to try it.

Pros: Easy and smooth texture, natural with a punch, sheer, cheap
Cons: Discontinued

2 comments:

Yumeko said...

its always like that...we find something we like and its discontinued...dammm!

Unknown said...

That's a very nice "berry" color. It's great for spring and summer!