Friday, October 10, 2008

Sofina Raycious Face Trick Duo


When it comes to actual face makeup I usually tend to only stick to brands I know, tried and liked. I never got into Kanebo's face makeup line Raycious which is now discontinued/revamped with a new name and style. Even though I didn't use any of their products I did keep a close eye on the brand as I liked the model(Yamada Yu) in it. I finally gave the brand a chance and tried out one of their interesting products called the Raycious Face Trick Duo. At first I didn't understand how to use it but I slowly got the hang of using it. Basically it is a face highlighter and shader.


Usually these highlighters and shaders come in powder form but this one is in a light gel-ish cream texture. One end is a pearl light(highlighter) and the other is a cafe caramel brown(shader). I tend to use the highlighter part a lot just to emphasize the areas of my brows and cheeks. It's pretty easy to use too. Just a swipe, a few smudges and you're good to go. I never really understood the shading part because I never included shading in my daily makeup routine. I suppose you could swipe it upwards on your cheeks to create a "hollow" look. The colours are pretty blendable if you wanted to put them together and they do mix into your skin real well as demonstrated in my 2nd picture. It's overall not a bad product at all and it's easy to fit in with your other makeup.

Pros: Easy to use, cream texture, duo concept, compact
Cons: Discontinued item, shader may not be suitable for all skintones

No comments: