Thursday, October 2, 2008

MAQUILLAGE Design Cheek Color/Colour


Oh MAQUILLAGE! Why must you release such pretty blushes?! I was trying to refrain from purchasing the MAQUILLAGE Design Cheek Color/Colour but I couldn't help myself last minute when I was checking out. I had previously owned two of their blushes from their discontinued line(pN). They were pretty good and they looked pretty similar to the Design Face Color/Colour. This one isn't any different. The case(sold seperately), which comes with a brush, is divided into two levels. The first is where the brush is and the second is where you pop the blush into. And added, but no brainer, bonus is the mirror on the bottom of level one. The brush is soft but not outstanding so I rather use my full-sized one.


Like all blushes, there is always a pink one and an orange tinted one. I chose the pink one #80 solely because winter is pretty much just around the kitchen. I owned the orange tinted blush from the previous discontinued line(pN) and I didn't particularly enjoy using it at all. Just too orange for my Asian face. The orange would obviously work better for pale-skinned beauties. #80 has 3 pinks consisting of a baby pink, vibrant pink, coral-ish pink and a white. Although the shimmer is swiped off within the first use, there are some hints here and there when you apply. My favourite pink of the 3 would have to be the vibrant pink because it's just right for my skintone. The other ones are far too off or sheer. The other option is mixing all the colours but didn't like the result. The pinks were just too light for my cheeks. Overall, it is a great blush because of the design and longevity but the colours are definitely needed to be tested before purchasing.

Pros: Nice colours, slight shimmer, cute compact
Cons: Compact sold seperately(costly), only 2 shades available

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love blush!

It is annoying how maquillage sell the compacts seperately.....good for the enviroment maybe but not for my pocket!