Saturday, September 20, 2008

MAQUILLAGE Climax Moisture Gel Foundation


Although I do have my all time favourite foundation for winter already, I still always try out other brands so I can switch it up so I can have options. I had also purchased MAQUILLAGE Climax Moisture Gel Foundation last Christmas. I have only tried two foundations from Shiseido, the UVWhite and Sun Protection. Those were pretty good so I had a real good feeling about the Climax Moisture Gel. One of the things that caught my eye about this foundation was the dispense bottle type of bottle. I love the way that it doesn't have to get all the back of my hand and it just gives me the adequet amount needed for my face. And besides the fact that I'm also crazy for anything with pumps(shampoo, conditioner, body wash, styling gel, cream..etc).


Another interesting detail about the bottle is that it has a small window to tell you how much of the product you have left. I have yet to witness the actual thing but I read on this blog that when the foundation is used up to a certain amount the window will turn white to let you know that you only have 15 uses left. That sounds pretty good! Very thoughful because it's pretty bad if you run out when you need to put on makeup, say for an interview or a highschool reunion! Even though it is obvious when the foundation's life is over from the weight of the actual bottle contents, the window is much more accurate. The foundation also comes with a sponge encased in a small flat box made just to fit your makeup bag. A freebie! No need to open up another sponge just for this foundation!


The foundation is a gel texture which I find quite intriguing as it's a winter edition product(so it says on the bottle: fall/winter) because normally foundations should be moisturizing for the colder and much more drier climate. The only explanation for this really is that the foundation is made for people with oily skin-type for winter! I have combination skin so it was dry in most areas of my face and very dry in some. It really didn't work for me. The coverage was pretty good though and I loved the light gel texture on my face. It's a shame though that it didn't work out for me. I suppose there is one for combination skin-types and I purchased the wrong one. I would try it if you have oily skin type for the winter.

Pros: Medium coverage, interesting gel texture, ingenious bottle design
Cons: Drying for dry and combination beauties.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Miss! What happend to Mascara Monday??? boooohooo!

Eliza said...

Hey Glow!

It's up! It's up!