Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Anna Sui Mini Rouge


There was never anything that attracted me to the simple idea of having glossystick (my version of lipgloss and lipstick in one) in a ring or keychain. I found those incredibly useless and prone to bacteria because of the fingers and constant opening and closing. Plus the mileage of the container for the price just didn't make sense to me. However that thinking is very different when you're splurging at a counter. I got the Mini Rouge when it came out which is around last Christmas. I had intentionally wanted to buy one for my friend but I found myself purchasing one for her and myself. The packaging is pretty simple with a small rose flower container and beaded clasp fixture. Along with the glossystick there is a mirror which is really smart and great to have for touch-ups.


I got my friend a pearly pink for everyday use, since the container was small for her already growing bag(she's a design student) and a much more bolder one for myself. I had intentionally wanted to try out the blue sparkly clear one but instead I chose to stick with a traditional one like the 400. It is not only a vibrant hot red but a very shiny vibrant hot red!


Testing it on the hand and actual lip are totally different stories because it goes on slight-bit sheer which is totally alright with me. The glossiness of it makes it movable and very moisturizing. So the glossystick isn't quite (lip)stick just very pigmented. I like that it's a real pigmented but you can still wear it every single day without having to worry of looking like a clown. It's a real great introductory gift for red lipstick virgins or even just a stocking stuff. This shade is so flattering for a lot of skin colours. I'm probably going to buy a few more to give to people this year as it's so cute!

Pros: Convenient design, moisturizing, works for everyday, signature rose scent, great gift idea
Cons: No applicator

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I REALLY want this! This red is so vibrant and not an element of "I might be a hoe" about it!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!