Sunday, September 14, 2008

AUBE Mousse & Accent Eyes



This is not the newest AUBE eyeshadow but it's one of their good ones that I enjoyed a lot. This is the AUBE Mouuse & Accent Eyes. I was actually in Asia at the time it was being sold at the counter and got to actually try it. This was back in Summer 2006. The colours were very pretty and it was hard to not collect them all but I had to refrain myself. The eyeshadow is a duo with a mousse(cream-like) eyeshadow and a coordinating cream eyeliner. I only purchased one(81) of them at the time.


The one I had gotten two years ago was 81 which was probably the safest colour out of the bunch. Although they had a gold, I found this one pretty good for any colour combination. The mousse isn't thick or "whippy". I find it like a cream eyeshadow but softer. The colour could be easily adjusted with your finger/brush depending on how much you swiped out of it. When I first got it, I used it alone but after awhile I started using it as an eyeshadow base for more pigmented looks. There is shimmer to it but it just enhances the eyeshadow or your eyes. Makes dark eyes sparkle madly! The eyeliner that came with 81 is a shimmery grey leaning onto metallic. It's not a hard eyeliner but made to match the texture of the eyeshadow which is nice and soft. I find 81 a good choice if you can't decide on a colour because you can do just anything with it!


I bought 84 recently when I found it on sale. I don't like pink but I had a feeling that this pink was going to be a tinted version of the 81. Which in fact it is and what makes it more attractive is the colour of eyeliner that comes with it! Purple and pink? So cute! I love swatching it and looking at it but it's really not as good as the 81. I seem to have more purpose with the 81 instead of the 84.

Pros: Smooth shimmery texure, coordinating eyeliner, can be used as base
Cons: Eyeliner pencil longevity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how cuuuuuuuuuute!!

The look like little ping pong bats!

Eliza said...

Hello Glow!

I never actually thought of it that way! That's such a cute thought!